IntuiFace Version 5.3: By Popular Demand
IntuiFace Version 5.3 introduces a brand new rendering engine. It's faster, much more stable and supports a far broader range of Web technologies than our older engine.
If you've used IntuiFace for any time at all you know that among its list of strengths is its ability to host websites via its Web Browser asset. In fact, some IntuiFace customers are literally just using IntuiFace to display interactive Web browsers. There was just one problem: the underlying rendering engine was limited. Incomplete HTML5 support, no WebGL support, and some annonyingly inconsistent reliability.
One of the most popular, sought-after improvements for IntuiFace was an updated rendering engine for the Web Browser asset. I think you see where I'm going with this...
IntuiFace Version 5.3 introduces that brand new rendering engine. It's faster, much more stable and supports a far broader range of Web technologies than our older engine.
However, as with potato chips, we couldn't stop with just one feature. Let's review what's new in IntuiFace Version 5.3
Vastly Improved Web Browser Asset
- It's crazy fast and very reliable.
- Increases the opportunity to expose your users to capability not possible with IntuiFace itself. Can't do it in IntuiFace? Do it in a website.
- Free, preconfigured cloud storage for published IntuiFace experiences. It just works out-of-the-box.
- Based on Amazon S3 so its fast, scalable and dependable.
- You can still use your own Amazon S3, Dropbox or FTP site if you prefer.
New YouTube Asset
- It can be a bit tricky to display YouTube videos using our Web Browser asset so we built a dedicated YouTube asset instead.
- Can play any YouTube video. Even supports 360 degree videos on Windows.
- Available for Windows, iPad, Android and webOS. (Not yet available on Chrome or Samsung SSP.)
- In Composer's Edit Mode, a new snap-to-alignment feature makes it much easier to align center points and edges.
- Works with any asset, collection or control.
- Includes alignment with rulers and scene edges
- Now you can choose whether or not the automatic "Scene entered" and "Scene left' events should generate data points.
- Done at the experience level so you can turn it on and off for each device separately.
- Used intelligently, it prevents data point consumption against plan limits.
The complete release notes are here. Upgrade today!