🡰 Back to Blog Home
February 12, 2015Announcements
IntuiFace Version 4.8 - aka IntuiFace Apollo - is out the door
This is a Guest Blog Post by
Rather than hibernating this winter, we’ve been hard at work, investing time both in new capability and in refinements. We call it IntuiFace Version 4.8 but you can call it IntuiFace Apollo.
- Value Converters: If you haven’t used the binding capability of IntuiFace, I think you’ll want to now. Just a reminder: Binding is the act of passing a value from one element to another. For example, create a field in the first space of your experience to collect the visitor’s first name. With binding, you could pass that value to Text assets on all other spaces in your experience. Pretty cool. Now with converters, you can transform the value before passing it along. For example, put that first name in all capital letters. We have introduced a variety of these binding converters, including Time and Date Formats, Text Manipulation, Math & Logic and Linear Conversion. You even have two different methods for building your own: one in IntuiFace, one outside of it.
- Personalized Project Styles: One of the most highly requested enhancements in our Ideas repository is the ability to personalize the buttons and controls associated with assets and collections. I’m talking about everything from the close and pin buttons to the rewind button on the Video asset and the reset button on the 3D Model asset. Well guess what?Now you can. We’ve create three out-of-the-box styles and you can create one or more styles of your own. Use your own icons and color scheme.
- Player for Samsung SMART Signage Platform: The Samsung SSP is an all-in-one, combining a complete system-on-chip with a high definition display, available in both passive and touch versions. IntuiFace is the first multi-touch experience creation option for the Samsung SSP. With just a power cord and an Ethernet cable, the SSP’s DB-D line can be up and running in seconds. Installation of Player is performed purely over the Web. Once completed, The SSP becomes a low cost, high value entry point for interactive digital signage. We’re actually on the floor of ISE 2015, in the Samsung booth, demoing our support right now. Feel free to stop by and say hi!
- More 3D formats. We thought, what would happen if we took the multi-format 3D converter Assimp and incorporated it in IntuiFace? Well the result is in Apollo and it means support for 40+ 3D formats. Now before you get too excited, with Assimp so goes IntuiFace and Assimp’s format support varies from flawless to just ok. Try it out. Chances are you’ll love the ability to work with just about any format - but let us know if there are issues.
- New and Improved Interface Assets and Design Accelerators: Interface assets are a portal to so much capability that we’ll never stop improving what we have or creating new ones. In Apollo we have completely revised the Twitter interface asset (IA), making much more information available and including support for both text and image-based tweets. We’re also releasing an Instagram IA enabling real-time search. Then there’s the Orientation IA, for those deploying to tablets. Use the orientation as a trigger.
- Major iPad and Android Updates: Speaking of tablets, we have spent a significant amount of time updating Player for iPad and Android. You’ll not only see new features like support for 3D models and Excel formulas but also much better performance and memory management capability. It’s noticeable improvement and something we are quite proud of. Look around. You just don’t see anyone promoting multi-platform interactive experience creation without coding. What we’re doing is pretty unprecedented.
There are lots of little tweaks as well, plug a bunch of bug fixes. Not too bad for a launch! For every last detail, check out the release notes. Enjoy!